IAPR TC10 News Letter
No. 90 Mar 2011
- Message from the Editor
- GREC2011 Updates & Contests
- ICDAR 2011 Competition <========== Update !
- Call for Papers
- Doctoral Consortium - ICDAR 2011
- Dataset <========== Update !
- Job Opportunities
Message from the Editor
Welcome to second TC-10 news letter of 2011.
Another blossomy season starts in the Northern Hemisphere, but we have very sad news from Japan. The entire TC-10 Team expresses their its sorrows for the victims of the tragic disaster and hope quick recovery of Japan.
This letter brings some updates and contests for GREC 2011, updates including 'Doctoral Consortium'for ICDAR and other events related to TC-10 topics. Also one valuable announcement from the KAIST, Korea useful resource of Scene Text Dataset.
Jaehwa Park, IAPR-TC10 News Letter Editor.
GREC 2011 Seoul, Korea. September 15-16, 2011 (Abstract Due: May 15)
The homepage has been reformed and updated...
- 'Accommodation and Travel information' is added. Detailed local travel information is posted.
Contests on GREC 2011
- Arc Segmentation Contest
organized by School of Computer Science, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia.
Invite you to participate in this contest by providing the output of raster to vector methods. Research prototypes as well as commercial software are accepted in this contest.
Please visit at URL for more details: http://www.cs.usm.my/ArcSeg2011/
- Symbol Recognition and Detection Contest will be announced soon.
- Music Scores: Writer Identification and Staff Removal
Submission of systems: May 15, 2011
Call for Papers
Event/Location/Web: Event Date: Deadline (paper submission):
Doctoral Consortium - ICDAR 2011
A Doctoral Consortium is organized in conjunction with ICDAR 2011. It provide review opportunity for Ph.D. students of their research ideas. A special poster ession will be open to present an overview of their research ideas & plans.
A mentor will be assigned to each student to provide individual feedback.
Participations are limited to 25.
Session Date: Sunday, Sept. 18 before ICDAR open.
More details, please visit:
- The TC10 Committee is committed to offering resources to the research community that foster quality experimental research. Typical resources are datasets with annotations (ground-truth), source code, etc. These resources are fundamental for valid peer review and experimental validation through full reproduction of the experimental conditions reported in published works.
The TC10 Committee is constantly looking for new contributions and extensions of its published datasets, so new additions are highly welcomed !
or visit http://iapr-tc10.univ-lr.fr/index.php/datasets-and-software
- Open Ph.D. Position - Repost
The Pattern Recognition and Document Analysis Group (DAG) on UAB in Spain has open positions for Ph.D program. More information on the group can be found at : http://dag.cvc.uab.es
More details please contact :
Campus UAB, Edifici O
Tel. +34 93 581 1863
Fax. +34 93 581 1670
This newsletter is sent to subscribers of the IAPR TC10 mailing list.
To manage your subscription, please visit the mailing list homepage at: